March 06, 2013

Cockamamie car conversations

Oh, yes, this post goes there. NOT my fault. Or this guy's.
From the back seat of the car:

JANNIKA: Shouldn't cook be spelled with a "ck" at the end?

ME: Well, "ck" is used right after a short vowel. The "oo" sound in cook isn't short.

JANNIKA: Oh yeah. A short "o" with a "ck" would be [word I can't type without cringing]. [word I can't type without cringing] is short.

ME: *coughing and choking*

JANNIKA: [word I can't type without cringing]...what is [word I can't type without cringing] anyways?

ME: ...it's a rooster.

JANNIKA: I'd like a [word I can't type without cringing]. Mom, do you wish we had a [word I can't type without cringing] at our house?

ME: ...I'd rather have a chicken.

JANNIKA: Okay. WHO LIKES [PLURAL OF THE WORD I CAN'T TYPE WITHOUT CRINGING]? Raise your hand!

SILAS: *raises hand*

JANNIKA: Okay. WHO LIKES CHICKENS? Raise your hand!

ME: I don't like this game. No more voting.

JANNIKA: But you didn't raise your hand! Why don't you like [plural of the word I can't type without cringing]??

ME: Is this for real?? Let's talk about school.

*thoughtful pause*

JANNIKA: If I had a [word I can't type without cringing], I'd bring it to school. Just like Mary with her lamb.

ME: Oh my word, it's like a nightmare! Let's think of rhyming words - how about...rooster! Go!

JANNIKA: [word I can't type without cringing], lock, sock, fock. Wait, fock's not a real word. Mom, why are you laughing? What's so funny??


YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP. a) I can't be the only mom having awesome conversations like this in the car, b) If I am, God has blessed me with two kids generating the weirdest blog material ever, c) You can't be offended by this post because it's divinely inspired.

No comments: